Saturday, August 13, 2011

Freckled Bananas: Sell at Half the Price

                                            The over ripened bananas
                                              loaded with dark brown honey spots
                                                  aren't ruined or rotten...
                                                     They make the best banana bread.
                                                        ( My well used grandmother's recipe)


1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs beaten
dash of salt
2 bananas crushed
1 tsp. soda
2 cups of flour
1/4 cup of walnuts
     Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Emalou King said...

When my son was 4 years old he sat at the counter and watched me make banana bread. But, when I turned my back he took his little scissors and cut the recipe card into tiny little shards. I pieced it together to finish the bread. Then I slid the cut up pieces into a portion of a cut up envelope and have it in my recipe box. I still laugh when I look at this. It is a cherished memory.