Tuesday, December 6, 2011

St. Nicholas::



Today is the feast of St. Nicholas. It is celebrated by putting your shoes on the stoop and waiting to see what
St. Nicholas will put in your shoe.
No one ever wanted to get chunky bricks of coal (like from the outdoor grill) for
misbehaving. But, I see things have changed;
Unlike my childhood, fresh and chef prepared lumps. What???
They even look delicious!


At my age, I think about the words in the song..."You better watch out, you better not cry,
You better not pout, I'm telling you  why..."   
(lyrics from Santa Claus is coming to Town)
But when these words  are said by a perpetrator to a child , it's a threat,  it spoils their sweetness and innocence,
steals a childhood   and   betrays a trust.

Being good means not keeping secrets.  If you have a hard time talking...sing it!
Create a song, use your  inside words and use your outside words.


I will always keep Christ in Christmas- I promise.
                                                                                                                     

No comments: