Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Memorial: Celebrate Life then Superbowl

1914-2006

I won't celebrate this Super Bowl Sunday without first celebrating my own mother's life. My Mom (Louise Helen) died on Super Bowl Sunday, February 5, 2006 at the age of 91+.

     May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace, Amen.


We really miss my mom. People in the family sometimes sound like her or do a motion or laugh and bring her to mind  frequently. I guess we all hope to make an impression on someone else and be remembered. She is remembered & dad.

When I de-cluttered a drawer, I found a tape where I interviewed my mother for fun. I listened to a heart warming and funny conversation like we were together and I laughed out loud again. So, tape the members in your family for memories. Okay?

No comments: