Thursday, March 15, 2012

Silence:



"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."
-Aldous Huxley

So often we are asked to be silent in our noisy world. I noticed today it isn't the horn honking that's distracting  but the sound of locking and unlocking cars that shatters the quiet streets.

I sit in my car in the warm sun and close my eyes.The radio is off and the cell phone put away.How can we have discernment if we are disturbed. My favorite place is the Mercy Chapel at St. Joseph's in Capitola. But, it  is possible to find peace in corners of your own home or even the bathroom.Take this time during Lent.

Participating in a drumming circle is fun,energizing and wonderful. Drums and music make an impact.TALKING to break the silence of child sexual abuse makes even a bigger one!

                                            

No comments: