Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Nurses:

*****
Today my thoughts turn to memories of my aunt Virginia on her birthday.
She was my father's baby sister and everyone was fond of her.
Her graduation picture sat on our console radio in the living room when I was a child.
She was beautiful in her cap and cape and looked so happy.
That's what I wanted to be when I grew up. She was my role model.


Not everyone knows what they want to be when they enter college.
It's okay not to know exactly what you want to be.
It happens again... faced with similar decisions at retirement.
Now what to do?
 All the things you wanted to do are not necessarily as attractive when you can actually do them!
We are very funny creatures. Also the days of the week mean something different now.
It's like the weekend every day now. Yes, you will like it and you will earn it.
I took my watch off after retirement and threw it into a drawer.

The idea of living one day at a time is good. Whatever you focus on will happen.
 Select a cause. Mine is childhood sexual abuse prevention.
I have shared my own personal experience in my memoir...
"Under My Roof ~ A Mother's Story of the Heinous Crime of Incest."
 Please nurses, pass it on to the authorities, therapists and  other mothers.
Watch out for the children.
I hope you'll join me.


http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/3129533

                                                   
                         

No comments: