Wednesday, October 17, 2012

October 17,1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake:


*****

If you were here on that date it is doubtful that you have forgotten your
own experience on that eventful day of the earthquake.
I had a root canal at noon and figured I could return to work in the office
because I was numbed up. I planned to stay on and give immunizations to
the babies in the clinic but I could feel pain by that time and left for home.
I was on the freeway at 5:04 pm and thought my tires all went flat one after the other, totally confused by the feelings inside my car and my gut.
 I pulled over...as well as everyone else.

A convertible with college kids in it drove by all of us screaming
"earthquake, earthquake!" and then as if on beat we all pulled back onto
the center of the road and drove, carefully, thoughtfully to our destinations.

Did you ever hear about the "earthquake romances?"
I'd love to hear your story.
Did it last?

Happy Birthday to a friend  today!


No comments: