Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mardi Gras

Today is Mardi Gras or
Shrove Tuesday
The day before Ash Wednesday which is...
 the beginning of Lent.
                           A new beginning.
If you have made a New Years resolution and were unable to keep it this is a good time for a re-start. I have made a plan to blog daily my Lenten journey for the next 40 days here.  If you are interested in reading it then please sign up on my blog site. Put your email address down and become a follower. I also welcome feedback or sharing from your own experience.

http://emalouking@blogspot.com 

God bless you on your journey. What will you be doing during this penitent season?  I will share my plan tomorrow after I have received my ashes.

 Our Christian community shared celebrations and welcomed everyone during the year. The Episcopal church served pancakes, the Catholics had a Roast Beef dinner but sometimes it was ham or fish, the Lutheran church had Lefse and Lutefisk  while corn beef and cabbage was served by the Methodist Church.

All Christians believe in the trinity. There are three persons in One Divine God. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.Do you belong to a Christian community?

No comments: