Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Uncover, Discover, Recover:



                This picture is fun but phony so don't believe what you see here.




 I didn't look into a crystal ball or have my fortune told before I disclosed.
I knew that someday I would write this story. I didn't know exactly when it would happen but
I believe that people need to know more...about the perpetrators and the victims and survivors.                     

I relied on12 step programs and attended many meetings in the 70's using a sponsor when it happened
and years later I had the support of a writing group with Ellen Bass who wrote
"The Courage to Heal," with Laura Davis.  

Do you know the powerful Serenity prayer?
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference. 



My faith in God and attending Mass pulled me through the trauma that happened under my roof and
again the reliving of it while writing it,  first in present tense and then in past tense.


One has to cope even one hour at a time on bad days
once you uncover something and discover something else
 the recovery is really up to you to do..
.
You are  not alone so don't try and do this solo.Get Help!


“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
Maya Angelou

          

No comments: