Friday, March 23, 2012

A Mother's Voice: Recipes

circa 1965-present time


There's a mother's story in every recipe box!
When I sift through my recipe box I nearly have flashbacks.
I see names of people, forgotten and foods I've tasted once.
They come from picnic gatherings and church potlucks, weddings, funerals,
school plays, showers and going away parties.
The food is so delicious I have to ask the person for the recipe...often handed back on slips
of paper, stained napkins, matchbook covers, and deposit slips.


The uneven pieces in the picture are sections torn from waiting room magazines
and a few 3x5cards from the grocery store meat counter.

I am sorry I didn't write the year down. If you are looking for a memory lane
This is a great place to start. If you are looking for a topic, it's here.




Have friends over...cook the food and read your story with desert.
Take turns and go to each others homes.
Just a thought!!

Now what should I do with all these lemons?






No comments: