Monday, August 27, 2012

Dahlias:


     How to brighten a day:

I went to Soquel High School to see the Monterey Bay Dahlia Show. Here is a sample of a very few of the flowers. They are beautiful. I also bought a bouquet for my neighbor. There are so many varieties of this flower. It happened to be one of my mother's favorites. They also last a long time.It's amazing to see flowers the size of hubcaps! It was difficult picking a favorite and I would not have wanted to be a judge.

Antique shops are also fun to visit if you are in the mood to
remember toys you or your children had or dishes your mom used for special occasions, tools in the garage or art work.

And of course, a pray brings one back to the center and is very effective in brightening the day...usually first on my list.




No comments: