Friday, August 31, 2012

Pets:

*****
When I came home today, this cat, who thinks she can stop by whenever she wishes,
was visiting. She stayed asleep even after I shut my car off. I watched her  for awhile
until she spotted me. When I opened the car door she
flew off the step and into the neighbors yard.

I guess what comes to mind is how important it is for a child to have a pet.
It's another step in respecting life. There are more opportunities to teach
children with a pet in the house. They name and claim them.
They talk to them and tell them what's going on. This child has a 'friend.'
Parents reiterate things like;
"Be nice!"
"How would you like someone to do that to  you?"
"Feed your cat now."
"Play with the cat."
"Don't bother her right now."
"Be gentle."

Children copy what they see.
If you wonder how the day is going...check out and see how you've treated the dog!"
Think about it.


No comments: