Friday, September 23, 2011

Al-anon: Friends of Lois


       27 years ago today I started on a new path with Al-anon, a
       12-step program that saved me...gave me support, gave me a
       new way to live, along with hope and strength  and courage.
       This was not easy but it was there...the chance for a fresh start.
       There are 12 steps, 12 traditions and then the 10 commandments
       given to Moses that I had been following since childhood.
                             
        I will always remember this day in celebration and thanksgiving
        as it is as important as my belly button birthday but is called a sobriety
        birthday. A big THANK YOU to all the anonymous people who helped
        me on my journey. This is my real do-over date I celebrate.
                           
                Happily I share this day on the feast  of Padre Pio  
                  "Prayer is the best armor we have,
                   it is the key which opens the heart of God."
                                         St. Pio of Pietrelcina.

No comments: